Thursday, May 7, 2009

Today




Lola and I walked 2 miles today at Riverside Park. We went from 31st to 21st and back again. Lola was more than eager for about 1.25 miles and then started to fade but she toughed it out. She pooped 3 times. I only took one bag. So I scooped the first on, but looked like a jerk the next two times. Oh well. The sun came out this afternoon for the first time in 11 days so we had to take advantage. Bleu used to love Riverside although the geese did not like him. The one thing Lola hasn't gotten used to is that Bleu isn't there to back her up when she starts barking at bigger dogs. Not that Bleu would have been much help against a 60 lb Pitt bull mix, but he would've barked with her. We got back to the truck and she couldn't even get her front two legs up and insisted I pick her up and put her right in front of the air conditioner vents. All in all, it was a good time. I used to take her and Bleu to Zinc park every time I had an off day while working at Buffalo and they enjoyed pulling me around. I took him to parks regularly but I wish I would have taken him more. I have no doubt that we would have gone at least 3 miles.

No comments: