Monday, May 4, 2009

Bleu's eating habits

This is Brad Nelson, once upon a time he decided to have a cookout at his house, not a big one, just a few people. We hung around shooting the breeze a while as Bleu made multiple jumps over and back of his approximately 4 foot fence and pestered their Chihuahua Bella. After a couple of hours and starting the grill we decided it was time to prepare the burgers. We came up with 9 hamburgers that I would describe a BIG, in the 1/3lb-1/2lb variety. After seasoning and patting them up, we went back out to check the fire. A good 15 minutes go by and it was time for the burgers to meet the grill only we couldn't find the burgers. Now Nelson and I aren't above admitting we're the type to misplace things but there were only 2-3 places we could put them and the tray was still in its same position. Finally we noticed Bleu was quiet and in the corner nearly passed out. He was our first and only suspect. So after berating Bleu for eating all the ground beef that was intended for a house of nine humans we had to order pizzas to feed everyone. I mean he ate at least 3.5 lbs of raw hamburger meat! Really?!? Being mad at Bleu was easy but staying mad at him was a different story. So we went ahead and continued with the evening that ended with Bleu and I in the guest bedroom of the Nelsons'. The next morning around 8ish we got up to go home with Bleu moving more slowly than usual. I thought nothing of it. So we headed toward my explorer parked in their drive way and opened the back door for Bleu, he took a few steps and leaped in. Not a second after his feet hit the seat there was an explosion. They sudden movements must have jarred something loose and Bleu projectile vomited all over my rear passenger side door, window and seat. As an instant reflex I barrelled out of my driver position and did the exact same thing Bleu did except in the front yard of our hosts'. After a quick clean up I was ready to get home and finish the task Bleu had given me that day and as usual Bleu didn't think much of the incident...
I on the other hand was quite shaken, but that was par for the course on an adventure with Bleu.

No comments: