Monday, May 11, 2009

Suggestions?


So we decided to plant a tree for Bleu, he enjoyed peeing on them among other things, only we went to a nursery on Sunday and couldn't choose just one. By the way the Southwood Nursery on S. Lewis is a great place to go walk around for a couple of hours on the weekend. They have every type of plant you could imagine, surprisingly decent music playing throughout and tricycles on steroids. I mean they're tricycles but with big off-road type wheels and the kids ride around on them worrying parents and almost running over anyone in the way, pretty comical. Anyway we thought we would walk in, pick a dogwood and figure the rest out later, but we came across some other options.


Red Dogwood

Maybe a Blueberry Bush? (not as appealing to the eyes, but we might just get one anyway and see what happens with it)



A Blue Skies Lilac?

Or a Crape Myrtle Red Rocket, that's really the name and a pretty good description of Bleu.


2 comments:

KKGrimmer said...

My vote is for the Crape Myrtle Red Rocket. It's beautiful, just like Bleu (but not blue)! I have a Crape Myrtle and it's very easy to take care of. If you get a Blueberry bush, let me know how that goes! I've always wanted one...cause I like blueberries! Memories of Bleu were talked about yesterday at Mom's. I know it's still so hard, but I pray it gets better!

Anonymous said...

Red Rocket for sure!