Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Did you hear the one about Petco...



This was their futon at the rent house. I had the computer in there and they would just sit with me while I messed around online with more than likely a Cubs game on the TV.

I think it was the weekend that Rachel went to wedding showers in West Memphis and Owensboro that I decided to take a break. I called Petco and scheduled Lola and Bleu to get a bath and their hair did. The lady from Petco told me that they had a full day of appointments but that I could drop them off, it might take all day but they would fit them in somewhere and give me a call. So I was thinking, "Awesome! I can just sit back and do nothing all day, pick them up around 5 and still claim productivity." I dropped the two off around 9am and I'm not kidding got a call at 9:45 telling me to come pick my crazy ass dog up. I got there and could hear him barking before I even got in the door. The lady told me that it would be for the best if I didn't bring Bleu back. As she was saying that Bleu jumped over the counter to see me, I yelled at him and immediately jumped right back over. Some poor girls arm was attached to his leash and she was not at all happy about the situation. I ran to the check out and paid, all the while Bleu was voicing his displeasure. I got back in there and Bleu hopped over the counter again. I was getting Lola when Bleu decided to hike his leg and piss all down their column in the lobby area. Needless to say I was pretty sure that would be his last time inside a Petco. Bleu didn't get what all the fuss was about.


I guess that was in April or May of 2007 when that happened. Fast forward to about a year later, Rachel and I decided to give it another shot at Petco. We had errands to run, the dogs wreaked of something awful and it was time to get their summer cuts. We called Petco and attempted to make an appointment and the lady said sure. When we got there, it was a new lady, much nicer than the previous. She got out their information and kind of paused at Bleu's card. It read, "This dog is crazy! Do not take him, he tore up a kennel and broke the water dispenser." We talked with her and said that he had grown out of that a little and to please give him a chance and if there were any problems to call us and we would be there in 5 minutes. She agreed and she took them behind the counter.

About 45 minutes later she called us in tears. She said that when they took them back and put them in kennels Lola just laid down but Bleu went ape sh*t. She tried to calm him down as best he could but he just wouldn't stop barking and banging against the cage. With her final attempt to keep him quiet she took him out of his cage and opened Lola's kennel. Bleu climbed right in, Lola scooted over and Bleu didn't make another sound until they took Lola out. They kept them together the whole time, when Lola was getting bathed and cut, Blue was standing right in front of her. He was codependent to say the least. The women said it was the cutest, most touching thing she thought she had ever seen. Bleu loved Lola so much.



1 comment:

THE Rachel Adams said...

He was such a good big brother :)