Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bleu's First Canoe Trip...

This is Bleu's Uncle Allen, He may have caused some of Bleu's social problems, just by being around during his early development. Anyway, he thought it would be a great idea to take Bleu on a canoe trip while he was a old 9 weeks old. Turns out, it was a pretty good idea. Bleu was all of maybe 15 lbs and would run out in the woods without a care in the world. Bleu took turns between the canoe Allen was in and the kayak I was on. Bleu had a great time, although he did not like being in the water, not a swimmer. I would find out a few days later that while on that trip, Bleu had enjoyed his first taste of Chicken Bones, he was intrigued for life.

Bleu never could get used to the water and was absolutely the worst swimmer I have ever witnessed. I tried throwing him in, holding his body while he kicked, goggles, snorkels, everything, but all Bleu could do was this big, goofy, uncoordinated doggy-paddle that ended splashing everywhere until he would get to you and then scratch the heck out of you.

He never got used to the water. I think last August was the last time I really tried to get him in. We were at Rachel's Grandparents in Kentucky and I bet we spent 3 hours trying to get him to stay calm enough to figure it out. All we cold get was about 30 seconds of a Bleu freak-out and he would get out.
And he never really trusted me around the water.

No comments: