Sunday, July 27, 2008

6 quirky things about me

I have been 'tagged' by my wife and this means I must tell 6 quirky things about myself. As this is only the second thing I have ever put on here, its not a bad way to start.

1) I dvr Charlie Rose every night and watch it for lunch the next day.

2) I enjoy historical documentaries and reading but I prefer to keep those things quiet, but I guess that is no longer the case.

3) I cannot stop reading a book once I've started. No matter how horrible it might be and I may even despise myself for reading it, I just can't leave it before its done.

4) I have been told I am the most pessimistic person in the world, although I talk myself into believing that the Cubs and Razorbacks always have a chance.

5) For some reason all my favorite professional sports teams are from Chicago. Its completely coincidental, but true. I used to love Walter Payton so the Bears are my NFL team, same thing with the Bulls and Michael Jordan. I used to watch Harry Caray everyday on WGN bc he was more enjoyable than Don Sutton and The TBS Braves announcers and that has developed into a slightly perverse obsession of mine, I'm pretty sure its not mentally or physically healthy the way I keep up with them. Honestly days during the summer are judged by whether or not the Cubs win.

6) This is definitely the most embarassing thing about me that only my wife and I know until now. Aside from my family and college/lifelong friends, the longest active relationship I have is a 6 year long term of athletes foot. My right foot has had a slight case for that long. If it gets bad I treat it but never to completion. I just enjoy having something to pick at; thats another thing I'm very fidgity, which leads to fingernail and cuticle picking and when I run out of those to pick at I dive into the athlete's foot.

So there, judge me, laugh, cry because now you all know.

2 comments:

THE Rachel Adams said...

Tag Bleu - We also want to know Bleu's 6 quirks. Can you actually narrow it down to just 6?

Unknown said...

#6 = gross. That's all I'm going to say. We'll move on and pretend it was never posted on a public blog for all your friends to read.